Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Additional Assignment 1


I had no idea that google squared or wolframalpha existed until today and I think they are pretty cool gadgets. I really like how you don't have to sift through a lot of links to get the information you need like in regular google. I think google squared and wolfram alpha in education will help students find what they need to know in a fraction of the time. I also like the pictures and maps included in various seraches that you do.
Your comments didn't alter my thinking too much on Did You Know but it did reinforce how small we are in comparison to other places in the world such as India and China. In addition I learned that statistics are never a hundred percent accurate because several sources will have several different numbers. I learned to always check my statistical facts because again, they aren't a hundred percent. But I'm not so sure as when I use statistics what number to use for accuracy.
The stable boy grabbing his iPad and using it without problem is indeed magical. It is amazing how the six year old illiterate poor boy canhave no problem with it. makes me want to try it myself.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with what you said about Google Squared and Wolf Ram Alpha. I was amazed my self at the sheer amount of information. I also did not know about those two information fountains until I used them. I was pleased with all the information that one could pull up on them. Also you could add columns of information to the already vast amounts of information that was showing up. This is a very good tool for educators and will help us in the classrooms in the years to come. Yes it is very scary to know that the country of India's Academic achievers is equal to the whole population of the United States. Good luck in class and take care.

    Phillip C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog Assignment 4? You cannot afford to get behind in EDM310.

    You should try the iPad. See this review How the iPad Won Over an Unbeliever. My wife is always using her iPad and she is not a computer person at all!

    ReplyDelete