Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog 5

Eagle's Nest Radio
Well today I learned from third graders where the saying "All roads lead to Rome" came from and the sometimes they filled the colluseum with water to simulate naval battles. These kids are so good at the podcasts. Its hard to believe that they are the same age as my little sister. They are so articulate and confident. I can learn alot from these young ones.
Benefits of Pocasting in the Classroom
A huge benefit with podcasting that I saw is the recoding of lectures and the ability of playback. Some students learn better by hearing rather than reading and notetaking. Also they can get their lessons if they are out sick for an extended period of time. This is a tool I intend to use. in high school I had a friend with gastrointestinal problems who only made it in a few days and ended up with a 30 in the class because he missed so many lectures. I don't want that to happen to any student of mine. I also really liked how it can engage the students and make the learning fun for them as they can act out projects.
Education Podcasting Network
I love the organization of this site. From grade specific to subject matter everything is very neat and consise. There is no "digging" to find what you need. The idea of having one site with so much information on anything you need to know if very exciting. In addition to finding information you need you canget a creative jolt to solve any "teacher's block".

1 comment:

  1. Sharon,

    After listening to these podcasts, has this given you any ideas of how you want to do your podcasts for future classes? Can you give some examples of what you would attempt to do based on the pros and cons of what you have already learned about podcasts?

    ReplyDelete