Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment 3

Changing Education Paradigms
     I honestly do not believe in ADHD. Like Mr. Robinson I am not qualified to say for sure. I just think they have way too much structured time. Kids now don't ever get time to just go outside and play, nor do they really have any motivation to. After all they have video games and television. The most important thing that he mentioned, which is something I beat to death, is that great learning happens in groups and there is more than one way to go about teaching and learning. Not every student is the same and if they can get ideas from each other they can learn things that they don't understand in thelecture or get a different view.
     I can be an "outside the tradition" educator. I can use new technology and allow collaboration in the classroom to enhance the in class experience. I can teach every student that they matter and that they can do something better than their current social state. Most children think "I am born poor so I am stuck." That absolutely is not true.
     If I were to be in an RSA animation project I would most likely be the narrator or the idea generator. I am creative but my artistic abilities do not venture outside of the music world. I am very good at speaking clearly and with the proper inflections. 
Balloons

No comments:

Post a Comment