Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog 9


What I've Learned This Year
Mr. McClung's blog was a self reflective and informative blog of the does and don't of a teacher. His first point was "how to read the audience". Teachers sometimes get so caught up in performance evaluations they forget that students are suppossed to learn and comprehend what is being taught. Lessons should be student centered. Be flexible was the next point. As an educator you need to have a little wiggle room. After all you are human and mistakes will be made. Communication and listening can not be stressed enough. Especially in a professional enviroment such as a school where you have you co-worker and student-teacher relationships to keep in good standing. After all 98% of daily friction is caused by the wrong tone of voice. Don't be afraid of technology. I thought this point was a little funny. I am terrified of messing things up where technology comes in. But I am trying to figure the big scary computer and its friends out. Never stop learning. Never, ever, ever stop learning. There is always new methods, information, and theories emerging and it is impossible to learn it all in your lifetime. I think that this point can never be stressed enough. I would like to think that I will be an awesome teacher and reach every student and all that jazz but I am a human. I will screw up. I don't want to, but I will sometimes. All I can do is do my best and correct my mistakes when they happen.

1 comment:

  1. "But I am trying to figure the big scary computer and its friends out." This is very funny.

    ReplyDelete