Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog 8

This is How We Dream
We have gone from studying from books and in libraries with pencils and paper to our laptops and desktops. We look up everything we need to know from search engines. Instead of books we would much rather be taken right to what we are looking for. A big positive side of that is that the work can last forever instead of being lost in print and thrown away.
Collaboration is immensly important. Two or more minds are certainly better than one. Everyone has their own talents and experiences and to bring all of those together gives you some awesome works.
The constant update of information on the internet keeps us up to date on current events. I am not totally prepared to use multimedia but I will be. I am slowly but surely becoming aware with the systems and programs available in multimedia. I am bent on becoming as technologically literate as I can be. I might not be the best but I will try and that is all I can do.
Edm 310 for Dummies and Chipper
First of all the book should totally be written. I know I would buy it. jamie Lynn and the others involved did a great job. It was entertaining and it showed how we all feel at one point in time when we try to do our EDM 310 assignments.
I would love to be taught in EDM 310 but I think me teaching myself these things and following the instructions is making me a better student. I think I need the deadlines. If there were no deadlines in EDM 310 I know that I would keep saying "next week..." until the final. I liked how the Chipper video portrayed how a stubborn attitude can just mess up your whole life plan. She wanted to be taught, Dr. Strange refused, so she dropped out, and she went through some horrible jobs, plans and huge life setbacks. But in the end she learned her lesson and returned to school.
The videos were very entertaining and professional looking. I think a confessional kind of video would be cool. A "Well..... I decideded not to do my EDM 310 assignments and this is what happened". Maybe a solo video with really dark lighting.
Compare and Contrast of Smartboards
Michael Staton gave us two cons of smartboards. He basically said that smartboards are cool to have, but not necessarily better than whiteboards or projectors. He also pointed out they are just an excuse for administration to spend more money.
Bill Ferriter told us that the Smartboard is basically useless and they aren't any better than whiteboards. Which is true. I do not think that technology makes the teacher. Most schools, like Mr. Ferriter said, just buy the smartboard just for the sole purpose of being able to say "We have smartboards." Sure they look awesome and are cool to have but skill and passion makes the teacher not the technology.

Pros are

  • They are great for demonstrations
  • Colorful
  • Acommodate different learning styles
  • All ages respond
  • Distance Learning
  • Maximize limited computer access
  • Attractive
  • Interactive
  • Kids like them
  • Teach large groups computer skills
  • Teach editing

Show how to use internet

http://www.waukeshaschools.com/WIT/smartBoard/benefits.htm


http://rmtc.fsdb.k12.fl.us/tutorials/whiteboards.html

1 comment:

  1. Your idea for a video sounds great. Do it!

    Your links should be in working buttons. Do you know how to do that? If so, correct in this post. If not, read the instruction manual, Mrs. Yollis' instructions for 3rd graders, or check in the lab. Notify me when you have them corrected.

    ReplyDelete